Telegrams were sent. The red carpet is rolled out. I’ve got my best dress on and the carriage awaits. Let’s go pick up my award!
I would like to thank http://magpiemakingdo.wordpress.com/ for her nomination of the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and to thank my subscribers for their continued interest and providing feedback in comments.
This is the second blog award I’ve received and it humbles and motivates me to be the blogger you think I think, you think I am. It’s okay, I didn’t understand that either. Having recently rid myself of the arm cast that’s held me prisoner these past weeks, I’m eager to finish some projects I started before my mind boggling accident involving the bathroom vanity. This award, I’m sure, will fuel my determination for weeks, if not minutes to come. Actually, a lot depends on how my arm feels.
- Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you. Check.
- List the rules and display the award. Herein, check.
- Share seven facts about yourself. Below, check.
- Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. Below, check. Note, originally it was 7 nominations, but with inflation, new government or just random changes it grew to 12 or 15.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
1. I play the accordion. It’s a 120 bass concertina. My favorite accordion tune is: La valse d’Amelie.
2. I sing in the shower. My favorite song to sing is: “I’m in the mood for love” from the movie soundtrack of St. Ange (Vera Lynn).
3. I’m left-handed and my natural part is on the left side. I’m not saying there’s a correlation, but it’s weird, no?
4. I grew up on a farm and learned to drive when I was 9 yrs. old. Okay, it was a tractor, but still…
5. I watch Lawrence Welk re-runs. My favorite episode is the 1956 Mother’s Day Celebration where the trumpet player (Norman Bailey) does a solo while his lovely wife, Donna, sings “The World on a String.” She has a beautiful voice and he plays his trumpet right in her ear; she smiles but, it looks like she’s in pain! 🙂
6. I have a jenday conure named Ben. He’s really sweet. He gives kisses and I think he laughs.
7. My husband is so totally awesome. He makes all of my hobbies possible. I fall in love with him every day. We have 3 wonderful sons. Life is good.
My Nominations for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. http://sewsensational.wordpress.com/ Louise at sewsensational is so talented and crafty. There is no end to her creativity. She does everything, she even bakes 🙂 My favorite is her knitted Union Jack pillow.
2. http://ldslacemaker.com/ Angela at ldslacemaker is an expert in crochet and lace making. She is someone that I wish I knew personally and could just sit and watch and learn from. Truly inspirational.
3. http://vintagecrochet.wordpress.com/ Menkochan at vintagecrochet packs a lot of talent into a few posts. She’s been blogging less than 2 yrs., but I have a feeling her blog is going to blossom.
4 & 5. http://jokefortoday.wordpress.com/ http://dribblingpensioner.wordpress.com/ Harry at jokefortoday and dribblingpensioner is making the whole world laugh, one joke at a time. I feel like I know him and I could show up on his doorstep in Ireland and he’d put me up for the night. 🙂
6. http://gentlestitches.com/ Auntie Sharon at gentlestitches is on a mission to teach us that “mending is better than ending” and she is so right. Her Down Under blog reflects amazing style and elegance. She even finds time to teach local classes.
7. http://nittinninja.wordpress.com/ Glenda at nittinninja is a ball of energy. She makes me wish I knew how to knit and be more people friendly. Trust me, if she and I were in a crowded networking craft room, you would meet her while I sneaked out the back. 🙂