Worked in US20 thread with a #10 hook, the finished piece measures 2 1/4″ in. W x 12″ inches L.
Source: Antique Pattern Library
- Wolf & Dupeyron, ed.
- Filet Ancien au Point de Reprise XII, Le
- Paris, [c. 1910, 40 plates, covers missing] (see pg. 7)
- Detachable Cuff– Sew on snap type closure.
- Bracelet Cuff– Sew onto lace with edging cord shaped to form cuff. Add bead work.
- Headband 1– Sew on a strip of elastic to fit from top of forehead to top of back top of neck.
- Headband 2– Crochet two (2) separate Venetian Lace Squares and join one corner of square to center end of filet. Then place the 3 joined pieces onto a strip of white or colored velvet or velour fabric and sew atop. To finish add a seam by hand or use a sewing machine and a snap-type button to secure.
- Insertion Lace– Sew atop fabric, such as the vertical side of a placemat, pillow case, etc. or the horizontal bottom of a curtain, towel, etc. or onto clothing. Carefully cut the fabric from behind allowing a 1/2″ gap to roll seam and sew the seam behind the fabric.
- Applique– Sew atop any fabric, such as clothing, pillows, etc.
- Decoupage– Glue onto any surface such as a plant pot, cupboard, chair, table, etc. using a clear dry glue.
- Dye– Use fabric dye or mix several colors and paint on with a small brush similar to a water color painting technique, or tea stain.