You’ve heard of The Crown Jewels, right?
Here are some inspired crochet gems:
Read about the History of Buccellati: http://us.buccellati.com/en/timeline
More Buccellati Inspired Crochetwork
A colorful 3″ medallion inspired by a Buccellati earring design.
Thistles are fun to make; and easy. They’re basically 2 1/2 leaves sewn together with a tassel inserted and a stem added. The leaves are similar to an oak leaf. I make a narrow oval in sc then go around it with 2-in-1-stitch shells separated by sl sts.
From earrings. This flower is made in DMC Perle No. 8 Ecru and Lizbeth Size 20 Col 611 Gold with a #10 (1.30mm) hook.
- ch 6, join with sl st in 1st ch to form loop, ch 1
- 1st Rnd: 12 sc in ring, join with sl st in beg sc
- 2nd Rnd: ch5 (counts as dc + ch2), dc in previous st (the 11th of 12 from previous round), *dc in next st-ch2-dc in previous st, *Repeat around, join with sl st in 1st leg of “X” st, ch 1
- 3rd Rnd: (color change) 3 sc in each ch2sp, join with sl st,
- 4th Rnd: (color change) working in back loops only: sl st to center (2nd of 3 sts), ch 3 (counts as dc), 3 dc in same, ch 1, *sk 2 sts to center of next, 4dc, ch 1, *Repeat around, join with sl st in 3rd ch of beg dc
- 5th Rnd: *4dc-tog-dcr, ch 3, hdc in ch1sp, ch 3, *Repeat around and join, ch 1
- 6th Rnd: *3 sc in ch3sp, sk hdc in “valley”, 3 sc in next ch3sp, hdc in “tip” st, *Repeat around, join with sl st in beg sc,
- 7th Rnd: (color change) *ch 4, sk 3 sts, sl st in tip, ch 4, sl st in valley sp, *Repeat around, join with sl st in beg st, ch1
- 8th Rnd: *in first ch4sp work: sc-ch1-sc-ch1-sc, in tip work: dc-ch1-dc-ch1-dc-ch1, in next ch4sp work: sc-ch1-sc-ch1-sc, *Repeat around. Join. End. Break thread. Weave in tail.
While some jewelry might prove too difficult to crochet, others lend themselves well. I find it easier to break it down into manageable components and work atop a drawing or printout.
Below, a George Fouquet turn of the last century brooch and leaf spray; wonderfully decorative in arrangement and color. Perhaps the first, with a miniature doll face; mixed media, but the second? That looks like it would work up quick.